Direct Medics Limited, 33A Stockmans Way, Belfast, BT9 7ET is the Data Controller.
We acknowledge and agree that any personal data of yours that we handle will be processed in accordance with all application data protection laws in force from time to time.
Direct Medics therefore collects personally identifiable information in line with the General Data Protection Regulations for the following reasons:
1. Direct Medics will collect your personal information for the purposes of supplying/introducing workers/candidates.
2. In providing the service to you, we will need to transfer your personal details to our clients/suitable candidates.
3. If your personal details change we request that you help us keep up to date by completing the contact sheets relating to each relevant department within Direct Medics.
4. Any information collected by Direct Medics is password protected for privacy and security and will be treated as confidential.
5. Direct Medics may also use the information in the aggregate to study statistical results and produce summary reports.
General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR)
1. Direct Medics shall maintain all registrations and take all reasonable endeavours to comply with all requirements of the GDPR and any regulation created under it.
2. Direct Medics will not disclose any of your personally identifiable information except when we have your permission or under special circumstances such as when it believes in good faith that the law requires disclosure.
The information we may collect:
(A) Information collected and processed for finding you a suitable role is as follows:
• * Your name
• * Your address
• * Your e-mail address
• * Your telephone number
• * CV/Work history
• * Job preferences including role, geographical areas and salary
• * Other pertinent employment information you provide i.e. training certificates.
(B) Information in respect to individuals that have worked for us previously or may work for us is as follows:
• In some cases, permits and visas
• National insurance number
• Full details of job offers and placements
• Outcome of criminal record checks such as Access NI
• Relevant medical information
• A log of our communications with you by e-mail
This information will have been provided, or will be provided, by you or a third party who we work with, such as previous medical recruitment agency or NHS Trust. In the cases of references, these will be from your previous employer. Medical information may supplied by a third party such as your GP, Consultant or Occupational Health. The outcome of criminal record checks and security clearance checks, where relevant will be supplied by Access NI or other external companies applicable to the placement.
How we use the information
The aforementioned information is used to provide our services to you in our capacity as a medical recruitment agency to find you suitable work whether on a temporary or permanent basis based on your requirements as set out below:
The information under (A) above may be used as follows:
• To match your skill sets with job vacancies to assist in finding you the positions that most suit you
• To put forward your details to our clients and prospective employers for you to be considered for vacancies
• To place you with our clients and prospective employers
• To keep you informed of available opportunities as they arise
• To keep you informed of the services offered by Direct Medics
The information under (B) above may be used as follows:
• To establish that you have the right to work
• To ensure that all relevant compliance checks are made for the relevant trusts or prospective employer
• To undertake relevant security and criminal checks as required by our clients and prospective employers and as permitted by law
• To deal with any medical/health and safety issues relating to certain positions
• To put in place contractual arrangements and documentation once a placement has been secured
• To process payments
How we hold the information
All the personal data we have is stored on our database in the U.K.
Disclosure of your information
Your C.V. and related information will be shared or sent to prospective employers and our clients. Once a placement has been secured additional information will be provided to them to enable the placement to proceed. Such employers and clients will usually be located inside the European Economic Area (EEA) but may be outside of the EEA. Personal data shall not be transferred to a country or territory outside the EEA unless that country or territory ensures an adequate level of protection or the appropriate safeguards are in place for your rights and freedoms. Before such a transfer takes places outside of the EEA, we will provide you with further information concerning this.
We may also share your information with trusted third parties such as HM Revenue and Customs, pension scheme providers, legal advisors and other companies for the purpose of undertaking pre engagement checks for the role of paying you.
What is the legal basis for processing the information?
We will rely on your consent to process the information marked with an * above which is collected at the outset of the recruitment process.
Information and documentation to establish your right to work is processed by us as we are legally obliged to do so.
In respect of medical information, the basis for us processing your data on the basis of our legitimate interests i.e. for administrative purposes.
You currently have the right at any time to ask for a copy of the information about you that we hold. At this time, we have the right to charge an administration fee for this service. When the GDPR comes into force, we will no longer have the right to charge a fee. If you would like to make a request for information please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
In addition to this right of access, when the GDPR comes into force, you will also have the following rights: erasure, restriction of processing, objection and data portability. Whenever the GDPR comes into force, please contact our Data Protection Officer at email@example.com to avail of these processes.
Retention of your data
Your data will be retained for no longer than is necessary and in accordance with our Data Retention Policy.
Withdrawal of consent
If you have provided us with your consent to process your data, for the purpose of using our services and us finding you suitable work, you have the right to withdraw this at any time. In order to do so you should contact us by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have a concern about the way we are collecting or using your personal data, you should raise your concern with us in the first instance or directly to the Information Commissioners Office at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/.
Please address any questions, comments and requests regarding our data processing practices to Brian Byrne – Data Protection Officer – email@example.com.